Click here to view the International Bioresources Conference 2014 event details
North East Bioresources and Renewables is a cluster of companies and organisations committed to the development of a sustainable renewable energy and materials industry in North East England. Our members share the common aims of promoting commercial and economic growth in this sector and building an industrial cluster/consortium to improve supply chains, business practices and efficiency.
Note from the Chairman
Building upon the original Northeast Biofuels (NEB) cluster activity, we have identified significant potential for the cluster to develop and become a diverse group covering a wide range of industrial activities in the broad area of bioresources and renewables. Drawn from a range of disciplines we have created a strategic advisory group (a NEPIC Thrust Team) which consists of a number of industrial leaders known as North East Bioresources and Renewables (NEBR).
Under the guidance of the strategic advisory group, there will be a number of networking events, meetings and activities for all interested member companies and organisations. Bioresources and renewable activity will continue to be focussed on:
- Promoting the North East as a centre of biomass processing into fuels, energy and chemicals/materials,
- Promoting the Grower Network as a means of creating an effective supply chain (by driving up yields and making effective use of inputs),
- Expanding the range of sustainable feedstocks,
- Encouraging the development of additional liquid biofuel capacity in the region,
- Encouraging the adoption and development of advanced technology in the region,
- Developing an Industrial Biotechnology cluster in the region which will work to attract investment in renewable raw material based processing,
- Promoting the building of infrastructure and supply chains in the region,
- Identifying selected technology development projects with high potential impact,
- Attracting funding to aid project development,
- Sharing of sector developments and intelligence,
- Acting as a voice for the Bioresources Sector.
North East Bioresources and Renewables is central to the development of this new industry in the Northeast of England and we are proactively seeking new members from the Northeast and beyond who can help us deliver this vision. I am immensely excited to be appointed as the new Chairman of NEBR. Given what has been achieved to date, and the region’s assets and infrastructure, there are strong possibilities for further high impact investment opportunities, thereby further reducing the carbon footprint of UK Industry and further promoting the North East green economy. Join us in developing this new industry.
North East Bioresources & Renewables